You know that feeling when you see someone and they just have “something” that attracts you.
You just can’t put your finger on it but damn you just think “ This person just seems so relaxed, they seem to have this way with things.”
It is as if they don’t really care what people think about them. Chances are they have found their authentic style.
Being authentic attracts and in my experience, the clients that found their own authentic style in their transition and in their new business are the ones that make the most progress.
Finding it can take some time especially if you have been wearing masks your entire life like a shapeshifter pro or the Faceless Men of Braavos (Game of Thrones anyone?).
But fear not finding it again can be a joyful and playful experience. Like an explorer trying to find a long-lost treasure…
So to support your treasure hunt here are some steps to follow.
- Explore – Observe others, are there certain people or role models that you can learn from? Are there styles you like and you feel are you?
- Use your intuition – Use your intuition to assess what feels right for you. Go with your gut.
- Try it on – experiment and try the new style on.
- Get feedback and evaluate– check in with how this new style feels for you. Measure results and your progress.
- Commit – When you try something new, do it fully and not half-assed!
- Re-iterate, be patient and bring playfulness to the process – this will be an iterative process. Bring childlike curiosity and playfulness to it and be kind and patient with yourself.